- 1.1 (American English/inglés norteamericano) (grill) parrilla (f), grill (m)More example sentences1.2 (chicken) pollo (masculine) (para asar) pollo (masculine) parrillero (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) or (Chile) broiler
More example sentences
- Heat your broiler of your oven to 450 degrees F.
- After seasoning with a steak rub and glistening it with the slightest sheen of olive oil, I placed the meat under the broiler, leaving the oven door open a bit so I could keep an eye on the rib-eye.
- The cookware may be used in the oven, under the broiler, on the stove, or in the microwave oven.
- Normally, a broiler chicken is ready for sale after reaching the age of five weeks.
- There are two groups of broiler chickens: ordinary broilers, reared for their meat, and the breeding flock whose role it is to produce the chicks which will be killed for their meat.
- Certified organic poultry - including laying hens, broilers, and turkeys - showed even higher rates of growth during this period.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.