- 1.1 (AmE) (grill) parrilla (f), grill (m)More example sentences1.2 (chicken) pollo (m) (para asar) pollo (m) parrillero (RPl) or (Chi) broiler
More example sentences
- Heat your broiler of your oven to 450 degrees F.
- After seasoning with a steak rub and glistening it with the slightest sheen of olive oil, I placed the meat under the broiler, leaving the oven door open a bit so I could keep an eye on the rib-eye.
- The cookware may be used in the oven, under the broiler, on the stove, or in the microwave oven.
- Normally, a broiler chicken is ready for sale after reaching the age of five weeks.
- There are two groups of broiler chickens: ordinary broilers, reared for their meat, and the breeding flock whose role it is to produce the chicks which will be killed for their meat.
- Certified organic poultry - including laying hens, broilers, and turkeys - showed even higher rates of growth during this period.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.