Translation of bromide in Spanish:
- 1 c and u 1.1 [Chemistry/Química] bromuro (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (sedative) sedante (masculine) ([ de bromuro potásico ])
- In Friedel-Crafts reactions, alkyl chlorides are more reactive than alkyl bromides and alkyl iodides react only with difficulty.
- Anions like chloride and bromide also adsorb on electrode surfaces while smaller cations like lithium, sodium and potassium are generally too strongly bound to a small number of water molecules to bind directly to the electrode.
- Inorganic anions used as the model anions were sulfate, fluoride, chloride, bromide, nitrite, nitrate, chlorate, iodide, thiocyanate, and perchlorate, used as their sodium salts.
- Agents include phenobarbital, corticosteroids, isoniazid, iodides and bromides, and vitamins D and B 12.
- Up to his neck in the reputedly healing waters, Daudet read Montaigne; and in private consumed huge amounts of morphine, chloral and bromide in an attempt to palliate his excruciating pains.
- In Dostoevsky's day there were no effective drugs to prevent seizures - perhaps he took bromides.
- 2 countable/numerable (platitude) lugar (masculine) común, frase (feminine) manida ([ con que se intenta calmar o apaciguar a algn ])Example sentences
- This sums up their entire campaign, one of breath-taking arrogance wrapped up in feel-good bromides.
- There are no bromides, no platitudes, no clichés.
- On top of all that detail, we have a hefty helping of cliches and bromides.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.