Translation of bromide in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable 1.1 (Chemistry)Example sentences1.2 (sedative)
- In Friedel-Crafts reactions, alkyl chlorides are more reactive than alkyl bromides and alkyl iodides react only with difficulty.
- Anions like chloride and bromide also adsorb on electrode surfaces while smaller cations like lithium, sodium and potassium are generally too strongly bound to a small number of water molecules to bind directly to the electrode.
- Inorganic anions used as the model anions were sulfate, fluoride, chloride, bromide, nitrite, nitrate, chlorate, iodide, thiocyanate, and perchlorate, used as their sodium salts.
- Agents include phenobarbital, corticosteroids, isoniazid, iodides and bromides, and vitamins D and B 12.
- Up to his neck in the reputedly healing waters, Daudet read Montaigne; and in private consumed huge amounts of morphine, chloral and bromide in an attempt to palliate his excruciating pains.
- In Dostoevsky's day there were no effective drugs to prevent seizures - perhaps he took bromides.
- 2 countable (platitude)frase (feminine) manida(con que se intenta calmar o apaciguar a alguien)Example sentences
- This sums up their entire campaign, one of breath-taking arrogance wrapped up in feel-good bromides.
- There are no bromides, no platitudes, no clichés.
- On top of all that detail, we have a hefty helping of cliches and bromides.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.