- 1 c and u 1.1 [Chemistry/Química] bromuro (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (sedative) sedante (masculine) ([ de bromuro potásico ])
More example sentences
- In Friedel-Crafts reactions, alkyl chlorides are more reactive than alkyl bromides and alkyl iodides react only with difficulty.
- Anions like chloride and bromide also adsorb on electrode surfaces while smaller cations like lithium, sodium and potassium are generally too strongly bound to a small number of water molecules to bind directly to the electrode.
- Inorganic anions used as the model anions were sulfate, fluoride, chloride, bromide, nitrite, nitrate, chlorate, iodide, thiocyanate, and perchlorate, used as their sodium salts.
- Agents include phenobarbital, corticosteroids, isoniazid, iodides and bromides, and vitamins D and B 12.
- Up to his neck in the reputedly healing waters, Daudet read Montaigne; and in private consumed huge amounts of morphine, chloral and bromide in an attempt to palliate his excruciating pains.
- In Dostoevsky's day there were no effective drugs to prevent seizures - perhaps he took bromides.
- 2 countable/numerable (platitude) lugar (masculine) común, frase (feminine) manida ([ con que se intenta calmar o apaciguar a algn ])More example sentences
- This sums up their entire campaign, one of breath-taking arrogance wrapped up in feel-good bromides.
- There are no bromides, no platitudes, no clichés.
- On top of all that detail, we have a hefty helping of cliches and bromides.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.