Translation of bromide in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountable 1.1 (Chemistry)Example sentences1.2 (sedative)
sedante (masculine) (de bromuro potásico)Example sentences
- In Friedel-Crafts reactions, alkyl chlorides are more reactive than alkyl bromides and alkyl iodides react only with difficulty.
- Anions like chloride and bromide also adsorb on electrode surfaces while smaller cations like lithium, sodium and potassium are generally too strongly bound to a small number of water molecules to bind directly to the electrode.
- Inorganic anions used as the model anions were sulfate, fluoride, chloride, bromide, nitrite, nitrate, chlorate, iodide, thiocyanate, and perchlorate, used as their sodium salts.
- Agents include phenobarbital, corticosteroids, isoniazid, iodides and bromides, and vitamins D and B 12.
- Up to his neck in the reputedly healing waters, Daudet read Montaigne; and in private consumed huge amounts of morphine, chloral and bromide in an attempt to palliate his excruciating pains.
- In Dostoevsky's day there were no effective drugs to prevent seizures - perhaps he took bromides.
- 2 countable (platitude)lugar (masculine) común
frase (feminine) manida (con que se intenta calmar o apaciguar a alguien)Example sentences
- This sums up their entire campaign, one of breath-taking arrogance wrapped up in feel-good bromides.
- There are no bromides, no platitudes, no clichés.
- On top of all that detail, we have a hefty helping of cliches and bromides.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.