Translation of bronze in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (metal)(before noun) (statue/coin)the Bronze Age
de broncela Edad de bronceExample sentences1.2 countable (statue, ornament)
Example sentences1.3 countablebronze (medal)
- During the fifth century BC the Athenians introduced the third and more lowly currency metal: bronze, an alloy of copper and tin.
- He described the ratios between the densities of gold, mercury, lead, silver, bronze, copper, brass, iron, and tin.
- A century ago, before stainless steel was widely available, winery equipment was often made of iron, copper, or bronze, an alloy of copper and tin.
medalla (feminine) de bronce(before noun) bronze medalistmedallista (masculine and feminine) de bronce
- They house an esthetic potpourri of modern painting and Ming sculpture, Luristan bronzes and mobiles by Alexander Calder, furniture by Marcel Breuer and reliefs by Jean Arp.
- With the assistance of Duveen, Frick formed a notable collection of Italian sculpture - bronzes by among others Pollaiuolo, Vecchietta, and Riccio, and a rare marble Bust of a Lady by Laurana.
- The piece recalls both an early Cubist still-life sculpture by Picasso and a Futurist bronze by Boccioni.
medalla (masculine and feminine) de bronce
- 2 uncountable (color)color (masculine) broncethe bronze of her hairel castaño dorado de sus cabellos(skin)
- Hours later my legs were a beautiful, rich shade of bronze - this colour is good.
- His clothes were of colours ever shifting between bronze, silver and gold and it seemed to shine without reflecting the sunlight.
- The heads would be coloured bronze, said Mr Malkin, who has smaller public works of art already under his belt.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.