Translation of bronze in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (metal) bronce (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [statue/coin] de bronce the Bronze Age la Edad de bronceExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (statue, ornament) bronce (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable bronze (medal) medalla (feminine) de bronce (before noun/delante del nombre) bronze medalist medallista (masculine and feminine) de bronce, medalla (masculine and feminine) de bronce
- During the fifth century BC the Athenians introduced the third and more lowly currency metal: bronze, an alloy of copper and tin.
- He described the ratios between the densities of gold, mercury, lead, silver, bronze, copper, brass, iron, and tin.
- A century ago, before stainless steel was widely available, winery equipment was often made of iron, copper, or bronze, an alloy of copper and tin.
- They house an esthetic potpourri of modern painting and Ming sculpture, Luristan bronzes and mobiles by Alexander Calder, furniture by Marcel Breuer and reliefs by Jean Arp.
- With the assistance of Duveen, Frick formed a notable collection of Italian sculpture - bronzes by among others Pollaiuolo, Vecchietta, and Riccio, and a rare marble Bust of a Lady by Laurana.
- The piece recalls both an early Cubist still-life sculpture by Picasso and a Futurist bronze by Boccioni.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (color) color (masculine) bronce the bronze of her hair el castaño dorado de sus cabellos (before noun/delante del nombre) [sheen/tint] dorado, broncíneo [literary/literario]; [skin] bronceadoExample sentences
- Hours later my legs were a beautiful, rich shade of bronze - this colour is good.
- His clothes were of colours ever shifting between bronze, silver and gold and it seemed to shine without reflecting the sunlight.
- The heads would be coloured bronze, said Mr Malkin, who has smaller public works of art already under his belt.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.