Translation of brother in Spanish:
- 1.1 (relative) do you have any brothers and sisters? I do love you, but like a brotherthe Jones brothers [literary], the brothers Joneste quiero como a un hermano, nada máslos hermanos JonesExample sentences1.2 (male comrade)
Example sentences1.3 (as form of address)
- To Tara's parents, brothers and sisters, relations and friends we offer our deepest sympathies and wish upon her the light of Heaven.
- She is mourned by her son, daughters, brothers, sisters, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law relatives and friends.
- Children are encouraged to attend with parents, brothers, sisters, relatives and pets to direct their own family portrait.
(American English) [colloquial]Example sentences1.4 (Religion)
- Others were from rugby teammates, fraternity brothers, business associates, and boyfriends.
- I would like to remind my fellow brothers and sisters in the ANC that their primary objective should be service delivery and the eradication of poverty.
- I now know that my fellow brothers and sisters, the lawyers of New Zealand, will be in a position to practise in front of the highest court of our country.
- Almost overnight, brothers shifted from Black Power chic to gangster buffoon.
- I'm only picking on the brothers who wear the bling because of hip-hop's wide-reaching and conspicuous influence.
- We didn't connect like the brothers would here.
- My desire is that Protestants would see me as a friend and a brother in Christ.
- Brothers in Christ means white brothers in Christ in many cases.
- But I ask you as a brother in Christ to cease attacking my character and my mental stability.
- He had become a brother in the Carmelite order right after he had gotten out of high school.
- The order also has 400 brothers and about 1,000 lay members.
- The other prison, the Curragh, in Co Kildare, takes offenders who are priests and religious brothers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than