Translation of brother in Spanish:
- 1 (relative) do you have any brothers and sisters? I do love you, but like a brotherte quiero como a un hermano, nada másthe Jones brothers [literary], the brothers Joneslos hermanos JonesExample sentences
- To Tara's parents, brothers and sisters, relations and friends we offer our deepest sympathies and wish upon her the light of Heaven.
- She is mourned by her son, daughters, brothers, sisters, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law relatives and friends.
- Children are encouraged to attend with parents, brothers, sisters, relatives and pets to direct their own family portrait.
- 2 (male comrade)Example sentences
- Others were from rugby teammates, fraternity brothers, business associates, and boyfriends.
- I would like to remind my fellow brothers and sisters in the ANC that their primary objective should be service delivery and the eradication of poverty.
- I now know that my fellow brothers and sisters, the lawyers of New Zealand, will be in a position to practise in front of the highest court of our country.
- 3 (as form of address) (American English) [colloquial]hermano [colloquial]tío (Spain) [colloquial]mano (Latin America exc Southern Cone) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Almost overnight, brothers shifted from Black Power chic to gangster buffoon.
- I'm only picking on the brothers who wear the bling because of hip-hop's wide-reaching and conspicuous influence.
- We didn't connect like the brothers would here.
- 4 (Religion)Example sentences
- My desire is that Protestants would see me as a friend and a brother in Christ.
- Brothers in Christ means white brothers in Christ in many cases.
- But I ask you as a brother in Christ to cease attacking my character and my mental stability.
- He had become a brother in the Carmelite order right after he had gotten out of high school.
- The order also has 400 brothers and about 1,000 lay members.
- The other prison, the Curragh, in Co Kildare, takes offenders who are priests and religious brothers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.