Translation of browse in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (look) mirar ([ en una tienda, catálogo etc ]) can I help you? — I'm just browsing, thank you ¿qué desea? — nada, gracias, estoy mirando or curioseando feel free to come in and browse (around) pasen y miren, sin ningún compromisoto browse
throughsth she was browsing through the records/a magazine estaba echando un vistazo a los discos/hojeando una revista
- 2 (feed) [cow/deer] pacer* to browse
onsth alimentarse dealgoExample sentences
- In addition to consuming leaf litter and propagules, grapsoid crabs also browse directly on mangrove vegetation.
- African rhinos tend to feed low to the ground whereas Asian rhinos usually browse on leaves.
- As the days cooled and shortened, Jock and Fly climbed the great hill through the lowering mists into the sunlight where harrier hawks and eaglets soared and Cheviot sheep browsed in this brilliant air.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [Computing/Informática] explorarExample sentences
- Beneath the lush canopy of a huge tree near the University Office at Palayam, people are lazily browsing through books and magazines.
- Start by browsing through magazines, home design catalogs and books, and visiting model homes.
- Laurie explains that it was while they were browsing through magazines and looking for a suitable property that she cottoned on to the fact that property was - and still is - so much cheaper in France.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an