Translation of browse in Spanish:
- 1 (look)mirar (en una tienda, catálogo etc)can I help you? — I'm just browsing, thank you¿qué desea? — nada, gracias, estoy mirando or curioseandofeel free to come in and browse (around)pasen y miren, sin ningún compromisoto browse
throughsomethingshe was browsing through the records/a magazineestaba echando un vistazo a los discos/hojeando una revista
- 2 (feed)(cow/deer)to browse
onsomethingalimentarse dealgoExample sentences
- In addition to consuming leaf litter and propagules, grapsoid crabs also browse directly on mangrove vegetation.
- African rhinos tend to feed low to the ground whereas Asian rhinos usually browse on leaves.
- As the days cooled and shortened, Jock and Fly climbed the great hill through the lowering mists into the sunlight where harrier hawks and eaglets soared and Cheviot sheep browsed in this brilliant air.
- (Computing)Example sentences
- Beneath the lush canopy of a huge tree near the University Office at Palayam, people are lazily browsing through books and magazines.
- Start by browsing through magazines, home design catalogs and books, and visiting model homes.
- Laurie explains that it was while they were browsing through magazines and looking for a suitable property that she cottoned on to the fact that property was - and still is - so much cheaper in France.
- (no plural) we had a browse around the antique shopsestuvimos curioseando por las tiendas de antigüedadesI had a browse through the brochurele eché una ojeada al folleto
hojeé el folletoExample sentences
- A casual browse through company archive reinforces the premium placed on craftsmanship throughout Mackintosh's 102-year history.
- As usual The Beatles have a massive presence with some very interesting articles, well worth a browse through all the items just for some of the stories.
- Even a casual browse of the pamphlet gets one's linguistic antennae tingling.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.