Translation of brute in Spanish:
- 1.1 (person)animal (masculine and feminine) [colloquial]her son is a big brute of a man
bestia (feminine) or (masculine and feminine)
bruto, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)su hijo es un animal or una or un bestiaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (animal)
- Running contrary to the accepted belief that Neanderthals were nothing but savage brutes, the child - either a foetus aged seven months or a child no more than a few weeks old - had been buried in a grave.
- If the people are not violent brutes then they are passive victims.
- She was the only young girl in a tavern full of large ugly brutes.
Example sentences1.3 (something difficult) it's a brute to open [colloquial]
- He's a brute, an offense to human decency.
- Eventually, though, her Catholic aspirations to Protestant gentility and heavy-handed elocution lessons failed to soothe her brute of a husband.
- The public would view the woman's affair as a sad, desperate attempt to gain some comfort in the hellish life her brute of a husband had imposed on her.
da mucho trabajo abrirlo
- The landing was home to a pair of scabrous aging brutes, a wolf dog (I suspect) and a forlorn Great Dane.
- What I remember is that the film starred Will Fyffe, whose big black dog was rather an unreliable brute that was suspected of sheep worrying.
- Some observers hypothesize that she had been indoctrinated to believe the malicious stereotype of the Ursidae as awkward, clumsy, ill-mannered brutes.
- (before noun) brute force they used brute force to get him out of the carlo sacaron del coche por la fuerzaExample sentences
- Tenderness is more of a show of strength than brute force, because it is harder to be compassionate than it is to be mighty.
- Such relations, contributing to a sense of continuity bridge the gap between the listener and the brute physicality of the musical language.
- The possession of vast territory, raw physical resources, and brute power guarantees neither prosperity nor peace.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.