Translation of brute in Spanish:
- 1.1 (person) animal (masculine and feminine) [colloquial/familiar], bestia (feminine) or (masculine and feminine), bruto, (masculine, feminine) her son is a big brute of a man su hijo es un animal or una or un bestia 1.2 (animal) bestia (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Running contrary to the accepted belief that Neanderthals were nothing but savage brutes, the child - either a foetus aged seven months or a child no more than a few weeks old - had been buried in a grave.
- If the people are not violent brutes then they are passive victims.
- She was the only young girl in a tavern full of large ugly brutes.
Example sentences1.3 (sth difficult) it's a brute to open [colloquial/familiar] da mucho trabajo abrirlo
- He's a brute, an offense to human decency.
- Eventually, though, her Catholic aspirations to Protestant gentility and heavy-handed elocution lessons failed to soothe her brute of a husband.
- The public would view the woman's affair as a sad, desperate attempt to gain some comfort in the hellish life her brute of a husband had imposed on her.
- The landing was home to a pair of scabrous aging brutes, a wolf dog (I suspect) and a forlorn Great Dane.
- What I remember is that the film starred Will Fyffe, whose big black dog was rather an unreliable brute that was suspected of sheep worrying.
- Some observers hypothesize that she had been indoctrinated to believe the malicious stereotype of the Ursidae as awkward, clumsy, ill-mannered brutes.
- (before noun/delante del nombre) brute force fuerza (feminine) bruta they used brute force to get him out of the car lo sacaron del coche por la fuerza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.