Translation of bucket in Spanish:
- 1.1 (container)to kick the bucket [colloquial] [humorous] to leak like a rusty bucket [colloquial]his alibi leaks like a rusty bucketbalde (masculine) or (Spain) cubo (masculine) or (Mexico) cubeta (feminine) or (Venezuela) tobo (masculine)su coartada hace agua por todas partesExample sentences1.2 (bucketful) See examples: a bucket of water
to rain buckets to cry bucketsun balde or (Spain) un cubo or (Mexico) una cubeta or (Venezuela) un tobo de agua1.3 (scoop — on mechanical shovel)llorar a lágrima viva or [colloquial] a moco tendido(— on waterwheel, dredger)(— on digger)Example sentences
- Sections of bamboo or plastic buckets are used to carry water from nearby streams for cooking and washing.
- He still dumps the milk in buckets and carries the buckets to the milk tank.
- The beans are poured from the buckets into smaller metal bins, and pickers are paid based on the number of bins they fill.
- Too much water will make the buckets unstable and they may tip over.
- A wooden or metal wheel with paddles or buckets of some kind are attached to the outside so that when set in a watercourse it will rotate as a result of pressure from the movement of the water.
- Water pours into the top bucket at a steady rate and gives the system energy while water leaks out of each bucket at a steady rate and removes energy from the system.
- This company also makes use of quick couplers on its loaders, so the bucket can quickly be attached or removed from the loader.
- His arm was crushed by a large bucket on a digger.
- So he called his dad who brought up the tractor, and he got into the digger bucket and they maneuvered it up high into the tree and rescued her.
intransitive verb(especially British English) [colloquial]
- 1 (go fast) See examples: bucket (along) (vehicle)ir a gran velocidadExample sentences
- The Cuban driver swung out of town, and the bus bucketed along the narrow muddy road.
- So I held on to the string, and the whistle continued and the little train bucketed along like a mad thing till I was told to let go.
- In the far off distance, a single vehicle was bucketing along the road, a brown cloud of dust boiling up behind it.
- 2it's bucketing (down)está lloviendo a cántarosExample sentences
- Unfortunately we had reckoned without the Texas weather, which decided to bucket down with rain all morning.
- Its been bucketing it down in these parts for the last few days.
- The rain was bucketing down hard and showed no sign of letting up.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.