Translation of buckle in Spanish:
- 1.1 (fastener) hebilla (feminine) to fasten a buckle abrochar una hebillaExample sentences1.2 (distortion) torcedura (feminine)
- Dating from the late ninth century AD, the hoard includes silver coins, fragments of two swords, weights, a belt buckle, strap ends as well as the boat nails.
- The Flex-Strap closure is on all new 2004 styles that have a plastic buckle.
- The back of the cap has a quick release buckle and a strap to adjust sizing.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (fasten) [shoe/belt] abrochar
- 2 (bend, crumple) [wheel/metal] torcer*, combar
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (bend, crumple) [wheel/metal] torcerse*, combarse; [knees] doblarse his knees buckled beneath him se le doblaron las rodillas he buckled at the knees le fallaron las rodillas
buckle downverb + adverb/verbo + adverbio [worker/student] ponerse* a trabajar en serioto buckle down
buckle in verb + object + adverb/verbo + complemento + adverbio (fasten) abrocharle el cinturón a 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio (cave in) hundirse, derrumbarse
buckle toverb + adverb/verbo + adverbio poner* manos a la obra
buckle upverb + adverb/verbo + adverbio (American English/inglés norteamericano) ponerse* or abrocharse el cinturón de seguridad
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.