Translation of buckle in Spanish:
- 1.1 (fastener) to fasten a buckleabrochar una hebillaExample sentences1.2 (distortion)
- Dating from the late ninth century AD, the hoard includes silver coins, fragments of two swords, weights, a belt buckle, strap ends as well as the boat nails.
- The Flex-Strap closure is on all new 2004 styles that have a plastic buckle.
- The back of the cap has a quick release buckle and a strap to adjust sizing.
- 1 (fasten)(shoe/belt)
- I buckled on the belt and clipped the knife to it, then hefted the sword gingerly.
- Adam looked at the Marshall through narrowed eyes as he buckled on his gun belt.
- She buckled her seat belt and opened the window to look out on Newark at night.
- You know, this is a tough decision, because everyone in the aviation industry does agree that buckling up into your own seat is the safest way for everyone to go: adults, babies, toddlers, everyone.
- But only a Jaguar can afford to sport a system this advanced - for the rest of us - buckle up.
- So, buckle up, happy flying and I think you'll find a little education goes a very long way toward reducing your fears.
- 2 (bend, crumple)(wheel/metal)
- The pain was almost unbearable as they continued to apply pressure and his knees buckled under the strain.
- As the protein binds to DNA, the molecule buckles to form a loop which is sufficiently long-lived to be observed as a decrease in its extension.
- For a second day speed restrictions were placed on tracks across the country amid fears they might buckle on what proved to be the hottest day of the year so far.
- The problem is, the car door is often buckled and wedged shut by the crash.
- An armored vehicle climbed the home's marble stairs and buckled the walls.
- The front wheel is buckled and the back wheel is bent.
- 1 (bend, crumple)(wheel/metal)
combarse(knees)his knees buckled beneath him
doblarsese le doblaron las rodillashe buckled at the kneesle fallaron las rodillas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.