Translation of buddy in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -dies)
- (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], amigo (masculine), compinche (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], cuate (masculine) (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar] they're good buddies son muy compinches or (Mexico/México) cuates [colloquial/familiar] (as form of address/como título de cortesía) hermano [colloquial/familiar], macho (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], güey (Mexico/México) [colloquial/familiar], gallo (Chile) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Sure I have friends, but not real friends, not the kind of close buddies that you share everything with.
- As an aside, before Christmas I ran into a buddy from high school.
- Sean is broke, so his best buddy and roommate Dee Loc suggests he gets a job at the local car wash.
- But Shaft spends the entire movie partnered with his cop buddies, all of whom are made to make a point of saying how much trouble they'll be in for helping Shaft.
- One day, in a fit of tomfoolery, she and one of her coworker buddies dress up in a guest's expensive clothing.
- My coworker buddy and I might be taking a knitting course together.
- To combat this, the charity runs a buddy scheme, whereby volunteers befriend patients, offering support and companionship.
- A buddy volunteer may also provide resource and referral information and emotional support for a person with HIV/AIDS over the telephone.
- AIDS Buddies is a program aimed to bring a little comfort, a sense of social life, and community activity to the residents at the Don Miller House.
- I say ditch her and jump the next plane back here to Paris, buddy.
- I've got some harsh words for you, buddy, so have a seat.
- Where did you get your journalism degree, buddy?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the