Translation of buddy in Spanish:
noun plural -dies
- (American English) [colloquial]they're good buddies
compinche (masculine) [colloquial]
cuate (masculine) (Mexico) [colloquial]son muy compinches or (Mexico) cuates [colloquial](as form of address)
macho (Spain) [colloquial]
güey (Mexico) [colloquial]
gallo (Chile) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Sure I have friends, but not real friends, not the kind of close buddies that you share everything with.
- As an aside, before Christmas I ran into a buddy from high school.
- Sean is broke, so his best buddy and roommate Dee Loc suggests he gets a job at the local car wash.
- I say ditch her and jump the next plane back here to Paris, buddy.
- I've got some harsh words for you, buddy, so have a seat.
- Where did you get your journalism degree, buddy?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.