- (instrument) (before noun) bugle calltoque (masculine) de clarínExample sentences
- This military role was later assumed by the bugle or trumpet in the west.
- Deployed in open order, often across broken terrain and beyond the immediate supervision of their commanders, the manoeuvres of these soldiers were controlled by signals relayed by bugles and horns.
- The ability to play only notes of the harmonic series is the characteristic feature of such simple instruments as the bugle or posthorn.
- (bead)Example sentences
- Sophie's more casual outfit consists of a black Powerline stretch sleeveless top, Kismet's own label sarong, and an orange, multi-strand bugle bead bracelet.
- Towering stilettos from Sergio Rossi or Diego Dolcini are studded with Swarovski crystals, bugle beads or paillettes, often on luxurious fabrics such as satin or even alpaca.
- She believes in shimmer in bridal wear and embellishes the line with bugle beads, gold thread, sequins, embroidery, weave and print to create an almost futuristic look.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.