Translation of building in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (edifice)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (construction)
(before noun) (materials)building contractor building industryde construcciónbuilding landindustria (feminine) de la construcciónbuilding lot (American English) building permit the building trade building worksterreno (masculine) edificable(construction of buildings)obras (feminine plural) de construcción(buildings)edificaciones (feminine plural)Example sentences
- In my view, it would be illogical and incorrect to describe these two buildings as a house.
- The few settlements we pass look grey and mean, low stone buildings with grass roofs.
- One of the plans was for the gallery and museum buildings to be turned into luxury flats.
- Modeling clay and other building materials like blocks can help children explore.
- Prior to the Civil War, New York City led the nation in steamship and engine building.
- I spent a few days at his yard, watching the process of designing and building.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the