Translation of building in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (edifice) edificio (masculine), inmueble (masculine) [formal]Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (construction) construcción (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [materials] de construcción building contractor contratista (masculine and feminine) (de obras) building industry industria (feminine) de la construcción building land terreno (masculine) edificable building lot (American English/inglés norteamericano) solar (masculine) building permit permiso (masculine) de obras the building trade la industria de la construcción building works (construction of buildings) obras (feminine plural) de construcción (buildings) edificaciones (feminine plural)
- In my view, it would be illogical and incorrect to describe these two buildings as a house.
- The few settlements we pass look grey and mean, low stone buildings with grass roofs.
- One of the plans was for the gallery and museum buildings to be turned into luxury flats.
- Modeling clay and other building materials like blocks can help children explore.
- Prior to the Civil War, New York City led the nation in steamship and engine building.
- I spent a few days at his yard, watching the process of designing and building.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.