- 1.1 countable/numerable (edifice) edificio (masculine), inmueble (masculine) [formal]More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (construction) construcción (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [materials] de construcción building contractor contratista (masculine and feminine) (de obras) building industry industria (feminine) de la construcción building land terreno (masculine) edificable building lot (American English/inglés norteamericano) solar (masculine) building permit permiso (masculine) de obras the building trade la industria de la construcción building works (construction of buildings) obras (feminine plural) de construcción (buildings) edificaciones (feminine plural)
More example sentences
- In my view, it would be illogical and incorrect to describe these two buildings as a house.
- The few settlements we pass look grey and mean, low stone buildings with grass roofs.
- One of the plans was for the gallery and museum buildings to be turned into luxury flats.
- Modeling clay and other building materials like blocks can help children explore.
- Prior to the Civil War, New York City led the nation in steamship and engine building.
- I spent a few days at his yard, watching the process of designing and building.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.