Translation of building society in Spanish:
- (in UK)sociedad (feminine) de ahorro y préstamo para la viviendaExample sentences
- Child Trust Fund accounts are available from banks, building societies and other financial organisations.
- High-rise flats or tower blocks are considered by many banks and building societies unsuitable for mortgage lending.
- Later, other lenders jumped on board the lucrative credit bandwagon, including building societies and smaller banks.
Definition of building society in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.