Translation of bulb in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of daffodil, hyacinth) bulbo (masculine), papa (feminine) (Chile) 1.2 (plant) bulbo (masculine)Example sentences1.3 (of garlic) cabeza (feminine)
- I also have two small bulbs which are one piece rather than divided into cloves - they grew from bulbils and if replanted will grow into proper divided bulbs next year.
- Garlic grows in bulbs with even cloves enclosed in a white or pink skin.
- It is also difficult to identify garlics by appearance, since cloves from the same bulb grow differently in different locations.
- Snowdrops hate having their roots disturbed, but dividing them in spring allows their roots to recover and gives the leaves time to feed the bulb before they become dormant later in summer.
- No matter what your climate, be sure to water planted bulbs throughout the winter.
- It is a good time to buy and plant conifers and evergreens, summer-flowering bulbs and dahlia tubers.
- 2(light bulb)2.1 bombilla (feminine) or (Ec) (Mexico/México) (Peru/Perú) foco (masculine) or (Colombia) (Venezuela) bombillo (masculine) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) bombita (feminine) or lamparita (feminine) or (Chile) ampolleta (feminine) or (Central America/América Central) bujía (feminine) 2.2 (of thermometer) cubeta (feminine) ([ de mercurio ])Example sentences2.3 (of pipette, spray) perilla (feminine)
- It was a narrow glass tube with a bulb at the bottom.
- Crookes's tube consisted of a glass bulb, from which most of the air had been removed, encasing two metal plates called electrodes.
- Yesterday, all the bulbs in my galileo thermometer were up the top.
- Nicola took out a small medicine bottle with a bulb syringe, and began with delicate squeezes of the bulb to collect the moisture that gathered at the corners of the child's eyes.
- Gently put the compressed bulb into the open nostril.
- Release pressure (let the air back in) on the bulb until the nose is clear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.