Translation of bulb in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of daffodil, hyacinth)Example sentences1.2 (plant)
Example sentences1.3 (of garlic)
- Snowdrops hate having their roots disturbed, but dividing them in spring allows their roots to recover and gives the leaves time to feed the bulb before they become dormant later in summer.
- No matter what your climate, be sure to water planted bulbs throughout the winter.
- It is a good time to buy and plant conifers and evergreens, summer-flowering bulbs and dahlia tubers.
- I also have two small bulbs which are one piece rather than divided into cloves - they grew from bulbils and if replanted will grow into proper divided bulbs next year.
- Garlic grows in bulbs with even cloves enclosed in a white or pink skin.
- It is also difficult to identify garlics by appearance, since cloves from the same bulb grow differently in different locations.
- 2 2.1 (light bulb)foco (masculine) (Ecuador) (Mexico) (Peru)bombillo (masculine) (Colombia) (Venezuela)ampolleta (feminine) (Chile)bujía (feminine) (Central America)2.2 (of thermometer)cubeta (feminine) (de mercurio)Example sentences2.3 (of pipette, spray)
- It was a narrow glass tube with a bulb at the bottom.
- Crookes's tube consisted of a glass bulb, from which most of the air had been removed, encasing two metal plates called electrodes.
- Yesterday, all the bulbs in my galileo thermometer were up the top.
- Nicola took out a small medicine bottle with a bulb syringe, and began with delicate squeezes of the bulb to collect the moisture that gathered at the corners of the child's eyes.
- Gently put the compressed bulb into the open nostril.
- Release pressure (let the air back in) on the bulb until the nose is clear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.