- 1 [Botany/Botánica] [Horticulture/Horticultura] 1.1 (of daffodil, hyacinth) bulbo (masculine), papa (feminine) (Chile) 1.2 (plant) bulbo (masculine)More example sentences1.3 (of garlic) cabeza (feminine)
More example sentences
- I also have two small bulbs which are one piece rather than divided into cloves - they grew from bulbils and if replanted will grow into proper divided bulbs next year.
- Garlic grows in bulbs with even cloves enclosed in a white or pink skin.
- It is also difficult to identify garlics by appearance, since cloves from the same bulb grow differently in different locations.
- Snowdrops hate having their roots disturbed, but dividing them in spring allows their roots to recover and gives the leaves time to feed the bulb before they become dormant later in summer.
- No matter what your climate, be sure to water planted bulbs throughout the winter.
- It is a good time to buy and plant conifers and evergreens, summer-flowering bulbs and dahlia tubers.
- 2(light bulb)2.1 bombilla (feminine) or (Ec, Méx, Per) foco (masculine) or (Colombia, Venezuela) bombillo (masculine) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) bombita (feminine) or lamparita (feminine) or (Chile) ampolleta (feminine) or (Central America/América Central) bujía (feminine) 2.2 (of thermometer) cubeta (feminine) (de mercurio)More example sentences2.3 (of pipette, spray) perilla (feminine)
More example sentences
- It was a narrow glass tube with a bulb at the bottom.
- Crookes's tube consisted of a glass bulb, from which most of the air had been removed, encasing two metal plates called electrodes.
- Yesterday, all the bulbs in my galileo thermometer were up the top.
- Nicola took out a small medicine bottle with a bulb syringe, and began with delicate squeezes of the bulb to collect the moisture that gathered at the corners of the child's eyes.
- Gently put the compressed bulb into the open nostril.
- Release pressure (let the air back in) on the bulb until the nose is clear.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.