Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.
- 1.1 c (person) búlgaro, -ra (m,f)More example sentences1.2 u (language) búlgaro (m)
More example sentences
- What a joy to learn that Bulgarians will soon be able to travel visa-free to other European countries.
- The teachers involved in the programmes are a mixture of French and Bulgarians.
- To make up for it, Bulgarians are the largest bread eaters in the region.
- Macedonian is part of the South Slavic dialect continuum at the ends of which are Serbian and Bulgarian, both of which served at one time as languages of education for many Macedonians.
- The trouble is all the material is in Bulgarian.
- In the late-eighteenth century, secular writings began to be written using a more accessible modern vernacular Bulgarian.