Translation of bullpen in Spanish:
- 1 (in baseball) 1.1 (place)bull pen (masculine)zona (feminine) de calentamiento(en un diamante de béisbol)Example sentences1.2 (pitchers)
pítchers (masculine plural) or lanzadores (masculine plural) de reservarelevistas (masculine plural) (Mexico)Example sentences
- If all goes well, the bulls end up in the bull pen.
- The bullpen had a per head medicine cost of $12.89 again, high for this ranch.
- She stationed herself by the gate leading into the bull pen, and closed and it during the afternoon many times.
- Suffice it to say that there are a lot of frustrated fans pulling their hair out over these two teams' respective bullpens.
- He might be a nice fit in the bullpen given the team's need for left-handed relief help.
- The Raiders' stable of running backs is much like a baseball team's bullpen.
- 2 (prison cell) [colloquial]Example sentences
- There was a detective posing as a prisoner in the bullpen watching and listening to everything they said and did.
- On the 2nd of January I was called up at 8:00 a.m. I got processed and placed in the bullpen with 10 other prisoners.
- The prisoners are directed to a bench in a bullpen down the hall, where they stand as they're told.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.