Translation of bullpen in Spanish:
noun/nombre(American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 1 (in baseball) 1.1 (place) bull pen (masculine), zona (feminine) de calentamiento ([ en un diamante de béisbol ])Example sentences1.2 (pitchers) pítchers (masculine plural) or lanzadores (masculine plural) de reserva, relevistas (masculine plural) (Mexico/México)
- If all goes well, the bulls end up in the bull pen.
- The bullpen had a per head medicine cost of $12.89 again, high for this ranch.
- She stationed herself by the gate leading into the bull pen, and closed and it during the afternoon many times.
- Suffice it to say that there are a lot of frustrated fans pulling their hair out over these two teams' respective bullpens.
- He might be a nice fit in the bullpen given the team's need for left-handed relief help.
- The Raiders' stable of running backs is much like a baseball team's bullpen.
- 2 (prison cell) [colloquial/familiar] calabozo (masculine)Example sentences
- There was a detective posing as a prisoner in the bullpen watching and listening to everything they said and did.
- On the 2nd of January I was called up at 8:00 a.m. I got processed and placed in the bullpen with 10 other prisoners.
- The prisoners are directed to a bench in a bullpen down the hall, where they stand as they're told.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a