noun/nombre (plural -lies)
- (thug, tyrant) matón, (masculine, feminine), bravucón, (masculine, feminine) the class bully el matón or bravucón de la claseMore example sentences
- If we can all come together to make our parks safe, and we can all support zero tolerance in schools so that our children can enjoy a good education free from fear, intimidation and bullies, then we can surely do the same for our roads.
- Many coaches are professional bullies and intimidators.
- They have to worry about a lot more than bullies and bad influences outside the home.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-lies, -lying, -lied)
- 1 (in school, the workplace) acosar, intimidar, matonear (Latin America/América Latina) [colloquial/familiar]to bully sb
intosth she bullied him into doing it lo acosó hasta que lo hizo
- 2 (in an international or political context) matonear