Translation of bulrush in Spanish:
- 1 countable (cattail) (British English)Example sentences
- Visitors are especially intrigued by the large frog pond, complete with real frogs, pollywogs, bog plants, bulrushes, pickerel and water lilies, adjacent to the winery tasting room and cellars.
- Norma Keane studied water flowers such as white water lilies and bulrushes while Darren Roache enjoyed completing his work on crustaceans.
- Plants like cattails, bulrushes, jewelweed, and the lovely cardinal flower do best with alternating wet and dry periods, and survive flooding as long as most of the leaves are out of the water.
- 2 countable or uncountable (rush)Example sentences
- Northeastern bulrush inhabits small vernal ponds that occur within the forest matrix.
- Soft-stem bulrush occurs throughout North America from central Alaska south to Mexico, east to the Maritime Provinces of Canada, and south through Florida.
- Interspersed are areas dominated by mulefat, and low marshy areas dominated by bulrush (Scirpus sp.) and cattails (Typha sp.).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.