Translation of bulwark in Spanish:
- 1.1 (defense) baluarte (masculine)Example sentences1.2
(bulwarks plural)[Nautical/Náutica] macarrones (masculine plural)Example sentences
- And a bold, well-communicated agenda provides a bulwark against politicians offering division rather than solutions.
- Mainland authorities are banking on consumer spending to provide a bulwark against weaker capital investment and to broaden the economy's base of growth.
- Israel calls it a bulwark against suicide bombers spearheading a Palestinian revolt, which is more than 5-years-old.
- After landing virtually unopposed, the Fifth Corps moved toward the San Juan Heights, the principal bulwark in the first of three defensive lines around the city.
- Trenches and low walls of earth braced with wooden beams zig-zagged their way across the fields to where Gulf troops laboured at raising bulwarks against rifle fire.
- Even in wartime, the Israelite army was forbidden to cut down fruit trees, unless they were actually being used as bulwarks in defending against a siege.
- I met with some disaster, lost part of my bulwarks and main top gallant mast but by the blessing of God I was preserved and brought here in safety on the 17th of October…
- There are substantial bulwarks around the side and forward decks for secure footing, and a large foredeck locker, with the anchors stowed on the bowsprit.
- Next, fin along the bulwarks on the starboard side, down to deeper water.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the