- 1.1 (defense) baluarte (masculine)More example sentences1.2
(bulwarks plural)[Nautical/Náutica] macarrones (masculine plural)More example sentences
- And a bold, well-communicated agenda provides a bulwark against politicians offering division rather than solutions.
- Mainland authorities are banking on consumer spending to provide a bulwark against weaker capital investment and to broaden the economy's base of growth.
- Israel calls it a bulwark against suicide bombers spearheading a Palestinian revolt, which is more than 5-years-old.
More example sentences
- After landing virtually unopposed, the Fifth Corps moved toward the San Juan Heights, the principal bulwark in the first of three defensive lines around the city.
- Trenches and low walls of earth braced with wooden beams zig-zagged their way across the fields to where Gulf troops laboured at raising bulwarks against rifle fire.
- Even in wartime, the Israelite army was forbidden to cut down fruit trees, unless they were actually being used as bulwarks in defending against a siege.
- I met with some disaster, lost part of my bulwarks and main top gallant mast but by the blessing of God I was preserved and brought here in safety on the 17th of October…
- There are substantial bulwarks around the side and forward decks for secure footing, and a large foredeck locker, with the anchors stowed on the bowsprit.
- Next, fin along the bulwarks on the starboard side, down to deeper water.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an