Translation of bun in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (sweetened) → ovenExample sentences1.2 (bread roll)
pancito (masculine) (Southern Cone)bolillo (masculine) (Mexico)Example sentences
- Good Friday is celebrated with a traditional breakfast of codfish cakes and hot-cross buns.
- Imagine children having tea, inevitably squabbling over the buns, teacakes, muffins and - this being a British expression - crumpets.
- There were sack races, a tea in the marquee with cakes, buns and sandwiches for 200, and a lad who won the prize for his branch-covered fancy dress of Boots.
- They all indulged in the delicious Bar-b-cue food of sausages, burgers on buns and hot dog rolls.
- Ring the changes with pitta bread or sesame buns, instead of the usual sliced bread.
- Serve on whole-wheat buns or Kaiser rolls, or spread on top of rice.
- 2 (hairstyle)rodete (masculine) (Río de la Plata)chongo (masculine) (Mexico)she wears her hair in a bunlleva el pelo recogido en un moño ( or rodete etc. )Example sentences
- If local women venture onto the dusty streets at all, they sport ankle-length dresses, buttoned-up blouses and 1930s hairstyles with buns and pompadours.
- Smiling, she tidied up her hair into a tight bun, with a thin, wooden chopstick going through it.
- I quickly pulled my hair into a tight bun, not wanting to bother with a swim cap.
- 3also: buns plural(US) [colloquial]trasero (masculine) [colloquial]pandero (masculine) [colloquial]culo (masculine) (colloquial or vulgar)traste (masculine) (Southern Cone) [colloquial]poto (masculine) (Chile) (Peru) [colloquial]hustle your buns!¡muévete! [colloquial]Example sentences
- It takes a very secure individual to call their buttocks, buns.
- The only reason, he adds, that I don't have women walking by me and with a sexy glance saying, "Nice Buns", and smiling knowingly, is because I do not use the Bowflexor.
- Tight, toned and shapely buns and thighs can be yours with this energetic new yoga program.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.