- (bed)Example sentences
- Some of the crew went off-shift, stringing up hybrid bunks and hammocks belowdecks, the others continued working.
- Inside it's designed as the cabin of a ship: the bunks used to be hammocks and, even when they changed to something more solid, they were famous for having three tiers.
- Few pirates were in there, snoozing deeply in their bunks or hammocks.
- uncountable [colloquial] (nonsense)bobadas (feminine plural) [colloquial]Example sentences
- We like to believe that history is bunk because we don't like being bound by it.
- That he believes his own bunk is the best joke of all.
- Certainly there is as much bunk out there that needs to be unmasked as nonsense or lies.
noun(British English) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the