Translation of bunker in Spanish:
- 1also: coal bunker1.1 1.2 (on ship)Example sentences
- The Gujarat border is marked by two enormous fuel bunkers, one on each side of the highway.
- The three stations will have a minimum capacity of 5,000 liters, while the fuel bunker will have a capacity of some 20,000 liters.
- Three vessels have been identified as options to take the fuel bunkers and 7700 ton cargo of gasoil and gasoline from the tanker which ran aground off the Dwesa Nature Reserve last Thursday.
- 2 (Military, Sport)Example sentences
- Major islands in the group remain heavily fortified with most soldiers hiding in underground concrete bunkers that snake for miles underneath the surface.
- Vonnegut was a German prisoner of war in Dresden and in an underground bunker during the bombing.
- During the 1798 Rebellion, weapons were stored in secret bunkers and in the 1970's members of the Provisional IRA used Gun Island as a hide out.
- Sand bunkers are a growing concern for golf course superintendents, right along with the conditions of greens.
- Some players have trouble hitting the sand behind a ball in the bunker because they focus too much on the ball itself.
- Fear can come from a number of sources: a water hazard; a narrow fairway, a tight lie, the first tee, bunkers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.