Translation of burr in Spanish:
- 1 countable (spiny seedhead — small)(— large)
erizo (masculine)Example sentences
- The plant must be eliminated before the flowers ripen and form the brown prickly burrs which spread the seeds.
- He worked to make a synthetic material that duplicated the burs clinging to his wool socks.
- It produces one inch long bur-like fruits with a single seed in each bur.
- 2 countable or uncountable (on edge of metal)rebaba (feminine)Example sentences
- When done, give the wall a light sanding to knock down any burrs or ridges.
- It slices through any material (including six inches of titanium) without leaving any burrs, or rough edges.
- Use a metal file to remove any burrs and to dull the sharp cut edges.
- 3 uncountable (in pronunciation)(manera de pronunciar las erres en ciertas regiones)Example sentences
- The Scotch-Irish are unlikely to share speech patterns and the characteristic burr (a distinctive trilled ‘r’) with the Scots.
- Scots may lose their regional ties in becoming New Zealanders, and the accent softens or disappears apart from the Southland burr.
- The best way I know of to learn a uvular trill, sometimes called a 'burr', is by practicing gargling.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.