Translation of bury in Spanish:
- 1 (inter)sepultar [formal]she has buried three husbandsha enterrado a tres maridosto bury somebody at seadar sepultura a alguien en el mar [formal]Example sentences
- That, too, is part of burying our dead and moving on.
- When I see the faces of families burying their dead, victims of rampant crime, I can only wonder how they must feel to lose loved ones in such circumstances.
- Those burying their dead insisting that blood begets blood.
- Edith buried her husband of forty-some years over a decade ago.
- Several years after she buried her husband, she had additional remains cremated and sprinkled at his grave during a graveside service.
- But it seems to me that what I am hearing is that, regardless of the details, there is a common thread between moms who have had to bury children.
- 2 2.1(bone/treasure)many bodies are still buried under or in the rubble
enterrarmuchos cadáveres están aún enterrados or sepultados bajo los escombrosthe village was buried by the avalancheel pueblo fue sepultado por la avalanchaa little village buried away in the Pyreneesun pueblecito de algún rincón de los PirineosExample sentences
Example sentences2.2 (plunge, thrust)to bury something (
- Mr. Flanagan said that in a perfect world there would be no landfills, and waste would be buried five miles underground.
- The asbestos has to then be put into large, approved bags before being taken away to a landfill tip to be buried underground by the contractors.
- Power cables are to be buried underground, at a cost of #200,000.
- The ceiling collapses right on top of Daniel, burying him beneath the rubble.
- The river thundered below like a chorus of goblin voices, clamoring to snatch me away and bury me beneath the tumult of ice and rock, where no one would ever find me.
- He was soon buried beneath them, still fighting futilely for his life…
insomething)she buried the knife in his chestle enterró or le hundió or le clavó el cuchillo en el pechohe buried his head in his handsocultó la cabeza entre las manoshe always has his head buried in a bookestá siempre enfrascado en la lectura de algún libroExample sentences
- She chose to hide her face from Adrian's sight, burying it underneath her hands.
- Ashley bit her lip and tried to hid her pain by burying her face in Tommy's shoulder, but it was obvious to all the men present that she was in agony.
- She turned her head away from the gruesome sight and buried it against Kreed's chest.
- 1 (immerse oneself)to bury oneself
insomething(in one's work/one's studies/one's books)
- While many people will deeply bury themselves in the mood of worship on Sunday, the doors will be widely open at Kamwala's Hindu Hall for any person to attend the long-awaited Crossroads national music festival.
- The Flosses bury themselves deeply in denial, while Joe struggles with an unspoken regret.
- She made excuses not to follow Eliza and Mikelle down to lunch, and buried herself inside her schoolwork.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.