Translation of butter in Spanish:
- apple butter (US)mermelada (feminine) de manzanabutter wouldn't melt in her/his mouth
dulce (masculine) de manzana (Southern Cone)es una mosquita muertato push somebody's buttersdarle or meterle caña a alguien [colloquial](before noun) butter dishExample sentences
- They are served hot or cold spread with butter or margarine and sometimes jelly jam and cream.
- We defined high fat dairy food as whole milk, ice cream, hard cheese, butter, and sour cream.
- Dairy products such as butter, cream, and cheese are important parts of the diet, along with pork.
- (bread)untar con mantequilla
untar con manteca (Río de la Plata)ponerle mantequilla abuttered toast
ponerle manteca a (Río de la Plata)tostadas (feminine plural) con mantequillatostadas (feminine plural) con manteca (Río de la Plata)pour the mixture into a buttered dish (British)vierta la mezcla en un molde enmantequillado or untado de mantequillavierta la mezcla en un molde enmantecado (Río de la Plata)Example sentences
- Apryl half-heartedly smiled back as she picked up a slice of toast and buttered it.
- Janice had made her two slices of toast and buttered them, and set them on the counter by the door, wrapped in a paper towel.
- She said: ‘I was buttering a piece of bread and I just dropped what I was doing.’
darle jabón a [colloquial]
hacerle la barba a (Mexico) [colloquial]
hacerle la pata a (Chile) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.