n (plural -flies)
- 1.1 countable/numerable [Zoology/Zoología] mariposa (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) butterfly bush budleya (feminine) butterfly net red (feminine) para cazar mariposas, cazamariposas (masculine) butterfly nut (tuerca (feminine) de) mariposa (feminine) butterfly valve (válvula (feminine) de) mariposa (feminine)More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (person)persona que no sienta cabeza
More example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (swimming stroke) estilo (masculine) mariposa, estilo (masculine) de mariposa (Mexico/México) to do the butterfly nadar (estilo) mariposa, nadar a mariposa (Spain/España) , nadar de mariposa (Mexico/México)
- The Peaks are also a stronghold for the striking green hairstreak butterfly and the emperor moth, which feeds on heather.
- In the windows passers-by will see a plethora of wildlife, including butterflies, insects and moths, which have lived in the building at one point in its history.
- This is a bacteria that is only harmful to Lepidoptera - butterflies and moths.
More example sentences1.4
- Are you kind of a social butterfly, do you think?
- I not a social butterfly per se, but I like to go out.
- I always had friends, but I was never a social butterfly.
(butterflies plural)(nervous feeling) nervios (masculine plural) my butterflies disappear as soon as I get on stage los nervios se me pasan en cuanto subo al escenario to get/have butterflies (in one's stomach) ponerse*/estar* nerviosoMore example sentences
- Her only weak stroke was the butterfly, and this stood in the way of her improving in the IM events.
- She is also the only woman to have won golds in three different strokes - freestyle, backstroke and butterfly.
- Performing drills that focus on breathing, timing and acceleration can help a swimmer grasp the finer points of swimming butterfly.
- Nervous butterflies fluttered in her stomach every time a messenger or lower official left Orwell's tent for fear that it might be Smith.
- Marie shook her head; trying to ward off the butterflies fluttering nervously about in her stomach.
- I'm not yet a good driver, nor a completely confident one but at least the idea of doing it no longer sets butterflies fluttering in my stomach.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.