Translation of button in Spanish:
- 1 (Clothing) to sew a button onto somethingcoserle or pegarle un botón a algoon the button (American English) his answer was right on the buttondio en el clavo con su respuestashe arrived on the buttonllegó en punto or muy puntualto be as bright as a buttonser muy despiertoser más listo que el hambre [colloquial]button nosenariz (feminine) chata y pequeñaExample sentences
- At this stage, they'll also check your garments for slits, broken buttons or zippers, and any other irregularities.
- It also features a two-button cuff with a button sleeve placket and wood grain Eagle logo buttons.
- He was pushing buttons on purpose, to figure out what would make him tick and what he would let roll off his back.
- 2 (switch) to hit the right buttonExample sentences
- She pushed the button and waited in front of one of the shiny gold colored doors.
- He pushed the green button in front of him and the mannequin started to move about the field.
- Push the button on the front edge and lift, the lid flips back and supports slide out, providing a stand for the phone.
- the blouse buttons to the neckla blusa va abotonada or abrochada hasta el cuelloExample sentences
- I am buttoning my skirt with fingers that are trembling, and my voice seems to be coming from a great distance.
- It was a cold November night in Hawolgok-dong and I buttoned my coat against a bitter wind announcing the onset of winter.
- I think glancing along rows of neatly zipped trousers and tightly buttoned shirts in the tube carriage.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.