Translation of button in Spanish:
- 1 [Clothing/Indumentaria] botón (masculine) to sew a button onto sth coserle* or pegarle* un botón a algo on the button (American English/inglés norteamericano) his answer was right on the button dio en el clavo con su respuesta she arrived on the button llegó en punto or muy puntual to be as bright as a button ser* muy despierto, ser* más listo que el hambre [colloquial/familiar] button nose nariz (feminine) chata y pequeñaExample sentences
- At this stage, they'll also check your garments for slits, broken buttons or zippers, and any other irregularities.
- It also features a two-button cuff with a button sleeve placket and wood grain Eagle logo buttons.
- He was pushing buttons on purpose, to figure out what would make him tick and what he would let roll off his back.
- 2 (switch) botón (masculine) to hit the right button dar* en la teclaExample sentences
- She pushed the button and waited in front of one of the shiny gold colored doors.
- He pushed the green button in front of him and the mannequin started to move about the field.
- Push the button on the front edge and lift, the lid flips back and supports slide out, providing a stand for the phone.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.