Translation of buttonhole in Spanish:
- 1 (Clothing)Example sentences
- Details like workmanship, buttons, buttonholes, cuffs, and seams are usually good indicators of the item's quality and authenticity. where to find the goods
- Make the samples on the same number of fabric and interfacing layers that are in the garment where the buttonholes are located.
- On the center front of a garment, horizontal buttonholes are the most secure and help prevent the opening from gaping.
- 2(British) (flower) boutonniere (masculine)Example sentences
- Brenda Fitzell and Lesley Irvine were thanked for the table flowers and birthday buttonholes.
- A Shrivenham florist made a wedding at Cricklade a happy event by stepping in after a Swindon firm failed to deliver the bride's bouquet and 30 buttonholes for guests.
- Both children received a special cup, as well as a posy of flowers for the princess and a buttonhole for the prince.
- she buttonholed me on my way outme acorraló a la salidaExample sentences
- Around the adjacent display of scientifically-valuable spinning tops and dinosaur models stood a man buttonholing people to get signatures on a petition to save the place.
- I've just spent the past hour or so buttonholing people wandering around and asking them what they think of the new products.
- After that it takes Kernaghan a half-hour to get out of the hall as people keep buttonholing him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.