n (pl -ties)
- (BrE) [colloquial/familiar], sandwich (m), bocata (m) (Esp) [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- You wouldn't make a chip buttie with these chips but they are so handy to have in the freezer.
- It's no different to having a chip buttie or a crisp sandwich.
- But it's here, over a cappuccino and a bacon buttie, that I meet Gianluca Bisol, whose family have been making prosecco for five generations.
Definition of butty in:
- The British & World English dictionary
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...