Translation of butty in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- (British English) [colloquial]sandwich (masculine)Example sentences
- You wouldn't make a chip buttie with these chips but they are so handy to have in the freezer.
- It's no different to having a chip buttie or a crisp sandwich.
- But it's here, over a cappuccino and a bacon buttie, that I meet Gianluca Bisol, whose family have been making prosecco for five generations.
Definition of butty in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.