noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], sandwich (masculine), bocata (masculine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- You wouldn't make a chip buttie with these chips but they are so handy to have in the freezer.
- It's no different to having a chip buttie or a crisp sandwich.
- But it's here, over a cappuccino and a bacon buttie, that I meet Gianluca Bisol, whose family have been making prosecco for five generations.
Definition of butty in:
- The British & World English dictionary
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.