Translation of butty in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], sandwich (masculine), bocata (masculine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- You wouldn't make a chip buttie with these chips but they are so handy to have in the freezer.
- It's no different to having a chip buttie or a crisp sandwich.
- But it's here, over a cappuccino and a bacon buttie, that I meet Gianluca Bisol, whose family have been making prosecco for five generations.
Definition of butty in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas