Translation of bypass in Spanish:
- 2 (Medicine)(before noun) (surgery/operation)
de bypassExample sentences
- When he was 45, he had to undergo surgery for five bypasses.
- Zara stayed there for a month until just before Christmas then returned to Birmingham for corrective surgery on her gastric bypass.
- How many bypasses are possible through minimally invasive bypass surgery?
- He has also had a heart bypass, and an operation on his leg arteries for a condition that left him almost crippled.
- Unfortunately, many of us know someone who underwent surgery in the last year, and whether it was a hip operation or a heart bypass, more than likely a blood transfusion was required.
- A patient using this for an hour a day over a five-week period will see the same beneficial effects as they would from having a heart bypass operation, without having to risk having this major procedure.
- 3 (Technology)Example sentences
- The opportunity of providing a town centre bypass along the former railway line to the east of the buildings in High Street has now disappeared.
- In my view the money could be much better spent and still leave more than enough to build a first class safe road with bypasses of major towns such as Castledermot and Carlow.
- It would have saved expensive town bypasses, additional roads and parking facilities, not to mention the benefits to the ozone layer and global warming.
- Power was restored to the effected racks via a manual bypass onto raw mains at approximately 10: 01 hrs.
- The Council discounted several land corridors that were home to the fern because it believed the bypass would be blocked by a legal challenge if one of them was chosen.
- The road was closed to traffic until late afternoon when a temporary bypass was established to allow cars past the accident spot.
- 1 (Transport)you can bypass Paris by taking the Pontoise roadsi tomas la carretera de Pontoise (te) evitas entrar en Parísthe new road bypasses the townla nueva carretera circunvala la ciudad
- 2 (circumvent) she bypassed her supervisor and went to talk to the managerpasó por encima de su supervisor y fue a hablar con el gerentewe want to bypass the middlemenqueremos evitar tener que usar intermediariosExample sentences
- Under the circumstances, the ministry hopes its new policy initiative would bypass the problem.
- It seems that the cognitive system has evolved an impressive algorithm that bypasses the problems encountered by formal mathematics.
- But the research team have found a way to bypass this problem by training antibodies to neutralise the damaging toxic waste emitted into the blood stream by meningococcal bacteria.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.