Translation of cabbage in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (vegetable) repollo (masculine), col (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) I found her/him in the cabbage patch (American English/inglés norteamericano) [euphemistic/eufemístico] [humorous/humorístico] la/lo trajo la cigüeña [euphemistic/eufemístico] [humorous/humorístico]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (person) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] [offensive/ofensivo] since the accident he's been a cabbage desde el accidente está convertido en un vegetal [colloquial/familiar] [offensive/ofensivo]
- In the school's garden are giant tufts of spinach, green peppers and cabbages planted according to eco-friendly and sustainable permaculture principles.
- Particularly good trap crops include: green lettuce, cabbage, calendula, marigolds, comfrey leaves, zinnias and beans.
- Other fields and cottage gardens grow grapevines on overhead trellises, the soil beneath the arches being densely planted with cabbages and other vegetables.
- The vegetables, a mixture of bok choy, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, were fresh and delicious.
- In the meantime it may help to avoid gas producing foods, including beans, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, eggplant, radishes and onions.
- Add the onion, paprika, bay leaves, cabbage, carrot and potatoes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.