Translation of cabbage in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (vegetable) (before noun) I found her/him in the cabbage patch (American English) [euphemistic] [humorous]la/lo trajo la cigüeña [euphemistic] [humorous]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable (person) (British English) [colloquial] [offensive]since the accident he's been a cabbage
- In the school's garden are giant tufts of spinach, green peppers and cabbages planted according to eco-friendly and sustainable permaculture principles.
- Particularly good trap crops include: green lettuce, cabbage, calendula, marigolds, comfrey leaves, zinnias and beans.
- Other fields and cottage gardens grow grapevines on overhead trellises, the soil beneath the arches being densely planted with cabbages and other vegetables.
desde el accidente está convertido en un vegetal [colloquial] [offensive]
- The vegetables, a mixture of bok choy, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, were fresh and delicious.
- In the meantime it may help to avoid gas producing foods, including beans, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, eggplant, radishes and onions.
- Add the onion, paprika, bay leaves, cabbage, carrot and potatoes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than