Translation of cabbage in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (vegetable) repollo (masculine), col (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) I found her/him in the cabbage patch (American English/inglés norteamericano) [euphemistic/eufemístico] [humorous/humorístico] la/lo trajo la cigüeña [euphemistic/eufemístico] [humorous/humorístico]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (person) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] [offensive/ofensivo] since the accident he's been a cabbage desde el accidente está convertido en un vegetal [colloquial/familiar] [offensive/ofensivo]
- In the school's garden are giant tufts of spinach, green peppers and cabbages planted according to eco-friendly and sustainable permaculture principles.
- Particularly good trap crops include: green lettuce, cabbage, calendula, marigolds, comfrey leaves, zinnias and beans.
- Other fields and cottage gardens grow grapevines on overhead trellises, the soil beneath the arches being densely planted with cabbages and other vegetables.
- The vegetables, a mixture of bok choy, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, were fresh and delicious.
- In the meantime it may help to avoid gas producing foods, including beans, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, eggplant, radishes and onions.
- Add the onion, paprika, bay leaves, cabbage, carrot and potatoes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.