Translation of cable in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable [Electricity/Electricidad] [Nautical/Náutica] cable (masculine)Example sentences
- She still reached her convoy rendezvous in Loch Ewe on time, but while waiting for sailing orders lost her starboard anchor when the cable snapped.
- It was a good team effort with one man only missing out by metres before the second diver found the cable and eventually the anchor.
- Their task was to cut the cables anchoring a boom and antishipping net stretched across the river directly under the machine guns and cannons in a fort overlooking the river.
- We still await a decision on the sensitive issue of the on-site over-head high voltage electricity cables.
- Power bosses have agreed to replace underground electricity cables to help improve poor supply following a spate of power cuts in Westhoughton.
- Installation of underground electricity cables is 97 percent complete but a change of plans is causing a delay to the final completion of the project.
- 2 countable/numerable [Telecom] cable (masculine), telegrama (masculine) to receive/send a cable recibir/enviar* un cable or telegramaExample sentences
- No one with any sense ever supposed that telephone calls or telegrams or cables were private.
- Before leaving he sent a cable to Hawthorne.
- And after three or four days I sent a cable to Athens that I wouldn't be able to speak at the University of Athens.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable cable television
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.