Translation of calculate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (compute, estimate) calcular he calculated the risks calculó los riesgosExample sentences
- As most deals do not go through agencies, it is difficult to calculate the total number of hotels sold.
- This impression can be assessed quantitatively by calculating a likelihood ratio as before.
- Given the number of coffee cups to dispense, the program is required to calculate the amount and display to the user.
- 2 (aim, design)to be calculated to +
infinitive/infinitivohis remarks were calculated to offend lo dijo con la intención or el próposito de ofender policies calculated to appeal to younger voters medidas pensadas or planeadas para atraer el voto de los jóvenesExample sentences
- The sanctions are calculated to go into effect on the eve of a presidential election year.
- Odds ratios and corresponding confidence intervals were calculated to measure the main effect of diabetes on eating disorders.
- Confidence intervals were also calculated to confirm the effect size.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.