- 1 (compute, estimate) calcular he calculated the risks calculó los riesgosMore example sentences
- As most deals do not go through agencies, it is difficult to calculate the total number of hotels sold.
- This impression can be assessed quantitatively by calculating a likelihood ratio as before.
- Given the number of coffee cups to dispense, the program is required to calculate the amount and display to the user.
- 2 (aim, design)to be calculated to +
infinitive/infinitivohis remarks were calculated to offend lo dijo con la intención or el próposito de ofender policies calculated to appeal to younger voters medidas pensadas or planeadas para atraer el voto de los jóvenesMore example sentences
- The sanctions are calculated to go into effect on the eve of a presidential election year.
- Odds ratios and corresponding confidence intervals were calculated to measure the main effect of diabetes on eating disorders.
- Confidence intervals were also calculated to confirm the effect size.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.