- 1.1 c and u (mathematical) cálculo (masculine)More example sentences1.2 c and u (estimate) cálculo (masculine) by o according to my calculation(s) según mis cálculos
More example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (premeditation) there was cold calculation in everything she did todo lo hacía de manera fría y calculadora
- Precise mathematical calculations are worked out and this determines how a person's life is affected.
- The only gripe he had about the paper was the amount of calculations students were required to complete.
- He spent hours each day carrying out complex mathematical calculations to maintain the deception.
- This agrees with the scientific calculations of risk that I have found.
- All the risk calculations are age based so you will see some changes.
- This is, of course, a theoretical calculation, but one which graphically illustrates the point.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.