verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object
See parent entry: → call
- 2 (telephone)(especially American English)
Definition of call up verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object in:
- (British English) (Military)
llamamiento (masculine) or (in Latin America also) llamado (masculine) a filasExample sentences
- This week Ajax has already had five national team call-ups for World Cup qualifiers on the African continent.
- The following year saw controversy as teams withdrew and were expelled due to security concerns, national team call-ups and mass punch-ups.
- Chief among the problems this year has been United's ever changing lineup, a necessity due to key injuries and frequent national team call-ups.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.