Translation of calling in Spanish:
- 1.1 (vocation)Example sentences1.2 (occupation) [formal]
- I wanted to be ordained because in my heart of hearts, I had always felt a strong calling.
- But in general, men historically seem to have a calling towards protector roles and I honor them for that.
- It's an upbringing she remembers fondly, even though she can't begin to place where her calling towards music came from.
- On looking through the hall of fame, he discovered he had joined a band of past pupils who covered many services and callings in their chosen professions.
- Clearly, some of the nurses are in the noble calling for the money.
- The British crown possessed an ancient right to seize for naval service ‘seamen, seafaring men and persons whose occupations or callings are to work upon vessels and boats upon rivers’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.