- 1 (jewelry) camafeo (m) (before n) cameo brooch camafeo (m)More example sentences
- More within the reach of the novice collector are the myriad of smaller novelty pieces, from the cameo brooch to the charm bracelet.
- Likewise, jeweller Octavia Cook's cameo brooches, though very nice objects, aren't completely comfortable in this context.
- On her right wrist she conspicuously displays a cameo bracelet bearing the profile of Louis XV.
- 2 [Cin] [TV] actuación (f) especial (before n) a cameo performance una actuación especial a cameo appearance una aparición como artista invitadoMore example sentences
- The film's director, Joel Schumacher, who discovered Ireland's newest film star, Colin Farrell, said the Dublin-born actor would play a cameo role in the film.
- The only small joy was a cameo by grand character actor James Rebhorn, who was fantastic as Headmaster Trask in Scent Of A Woman.
- Buster Keaton plays a cameo role as a member of this sad entourage of icons who have outlived themselves.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.