- 1 1.1 (temporary) campamento (masculine) a gipsy camp un campamento gitano (summer) camp (in US) campamento (masculine) de verano, colonia (feminine) de vacaciones or verano to pitch camp acampar to break o strike camp levantar el campamentoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Thousands of local residents face serious health problems in overcrowded refugee camps and temporary shelters.
- Many neighborhoods, towns, villages, and refugee camps were badly damaged or destroyed.
- ‘We are not going to seize scout camps and little pup tents,’ Ms Rydalch said.
More example sentences1.2 (permanent) army camp campamento (masculine) militar concentration/labor camp campo (masculine) de concentración/trabajo
- The introduction to fencing often occurs in schools, recreation camps and fitness centres in the form of class instruction.
- Church, youth and school groups use the camp for recreational, educational and church-related activities.
- Benefits have come in the form of facilities at camps.
- We had her secured in a tent when we made camp last night.
- They hiked for the rest of the day and made camp just before sunset.
- We had pitched camp at dusk, raising the tents beside the ruins of an old rest house on a bluff of rock named Maggu Chatti.
- 2 (group, position) bando (masculine) to be in the same camp estar* en el mismo bandoMore example sentences
- In this regard, the political camps ought to tackle the issue of changing the presidential election system only after they help state affairs run smoothly and efficiently.
- The protesters came from two different camps; one group supporting the minister's decision, the other opposing it.
- Many of the contributors explain how Reagan influenced their shift from liberal or moderate politics into the conservative camp.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- acampar to go camping ir* de camping or de campamento or de acampada
camp onverb + adverb/verbo + adverbio rellenar automáticamente ([ cuando queda disponible la línea ])
camp outverb + adverb/verbo + adverbio acampar