Translation of campaign in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Marketing, Politics, Sociology) (before noun) the campaign manager/fundsel director/los fondos de la campañaExample sentences1.2 (Military)
- Passenger numbers have soared since the M.E.N. won a campaign for a new city centre coach station.
- From this platform he launched his campaign for election to the Lower House in 1958.
- The campaign against nanotechnology, like other green campaigns, is being built on the twin themes of unknown risk and corporate greed.
- This he achieved by a prolonged series of military campaigns which unified all northern India under his rule.
- For the media it is a conflict conducted in a series of military campaigns.
- The Crusades were a series of military campaigns during the time of Medieval England against the Muslims of the Middle East.
- 1.1 (Politics, Sociology)to campaign
for/ againstsomething1.2 (Military)hacer una campaña a favor de/ en contra dealgoExample sentences
- What does this say about his attitude towards the parliament he campaigned to establish?
- He added that low pay advocacy groups were also campaigning against the changes.
- Villagers in Heaton are among those now campaigning to protect land from housing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.