Translation of canal in Spanish:
- 1 (for transport, irrigation) canal (masculine)Example sentences
- Keeping enough water in the canal to guarantee ships passage has become a problem.
- Many canals, inland waterways and towpaths were open for walkers and other visitors while many English Heritage and National Trust sites were open across the region.
- The surrounding countryside is flat and almost treeless, but there is some greenery thanks to the complex of irrigation canals that feed water from the Euphrates River and other waterways.
- 2 [Anatomy/Anatomía] canal (masculine) the alimentary canal el tubo or canal digestivo the birth canal el canal del partoExample sentences
- Each cord maintains its connection with the abdominal cavity via the canal, whence the vas joins the urinary tract below the bladder.
- Between the vestibular and tympanic canals lies the cochlear duct.
- This canal is the top canal of the inner ear so it is actually right under the brain.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.