Translation of cancel in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(meeting/match/trip/flight)Example sentences1.2
(order/subscription/debt)(command/decree)1.3 (indicator) (Cars)
- Great Yorkshire Show organisers have denied any plans to cancel this year's event because of the foot and mouth crisis.
- It was then decided in 2001 to cancel these annual events completely.
- All political parties have decided to cancel all debate on the euro, but to proceed with the referendum.
- 3 (delete)Example sentences
- Insurance underwriters have given notice that they will cancel war liabilities from midnight on Monday.
- Faced with two debtors, neither of whom could repay the loan, the creditor decided to cancel both obligations.
- Finally, the above classifications relate to promissory conditions but there may also be contingent conditions which either suspend or cancel contractual liability.
- 4 (Computing)Example sentences
- The bank had agreed to keep the accounts separate, and if it wished to cancel this arrangement in view of the changed circumstances, it had to give notice to the customer.
- You can cancel the arrangement at any time should your circumstances change.
- Jefri would cancel the tender process if he found that companies were being manipulated by legislative council members.
- If both the numerator and denominator have common factors, then we can cancel these factors out.
- All of the numerators will be factors of the numerator of the product and all of the denominators will be factors of the denominator of the product, so you can cancel out any factor of anything in a numerator with any factor of anything in a denominator.
- Just as numbers cancel out when the same number is on the top and bottom of a fraction (2/2 = 2 ÷ 2 = 1), so do units cancel out if you have the same unit in the numerator and denominator.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.