Translation of canister in Spanish:
- 1.1 (for tea, coffee)Example sentences1.2 (Military)
- Pill bottles or film canisters make excellent storage containers for seeds.
- Seam rippers and thread nippers slip nicely into empty prescription pill containers or film canisters.
- Firefighters were forced to retreat when they realised that the building contained acetylene canisters, gas bottles and diesel barrels.
- Thus ambushed, the pickets were made to run a gauntlet of police firing teargas canisters and rubber bullets at close range.
- Police fired tear gas canisters at the crowd, including the council workers' wives, many with babies strapped to their backs.
- Riot police and soldiers fired canisters of tear gas at the protesters as they entered the parliament compound.
- The most common canon was called the Napoleon and used both grape shot and canister ammunition.
- The introduction of the rifled musket in the 1850s with ranges greater than canister altered the role of field artillery.
- I could run out of mine tomorrow; just like I suppose Buck ran out of his that previous night, one foot doing what years of canister and grape shot had not.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.