Translation of canopy in Spanish:
noun plural canopies
- (over bed, throne, altar)(over statuette) doselete (masculine)(of cockpit) cubierta (feminine) transparentethe canopy of stars [literary]la bóveda celeste [literary]Example sentences
- But even he has withdrawn to the shade of a canopy draped above a couple of threadbare sofas and that glorious moment now seems an age away.
- Stall owners hawked their wares under canopies of brightly colored cloth.
- She was lying on a canvas army cot, under a cloth canopy.
- In the fall of 1944, the commander of the Third Bomb Group flew the first aircraft with the bulged canopy and was delighted with the results.
- The ejection seat will not fire until the canopy has departed the aircraft.
- The canopy of the aircraft was greatly enlarged with both seats being mounted higher than normal for greater visibility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.