- 1 (insincere talk) hipocresía (feminine)More example sentences
- For cant, humbug and moral spinelessness, this took some beating.
- It annoyed Flaubert mightily that purveyors of political cant should be greeted with more ballyhoo than gifted poets.
- Most orthodox historians think that comments like these are mere hypocritical cant.
- 2 (jargon) jerga (feminine)More example sentences
- The history of various families in Athy, their way of life, religion, superstition, Traveller cures and the Traveller language or cant are all documented.
- Fagin, Sykes and Dodger use much more Dickensian language and pepper their sentences with thieves' cant.
- Some were familiar with the culture of the London underworld, and thieves' cant became the ‘flash’ language of the barracks and factories.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- (tilt) escorar