- 1 (dining hall) (BrE) cantina (f), comedor (m), casino (m) (Chi) (en lugar de trabajo, colegio etc)More example sentences
- Anybody who has seen a fight sequence from a Hindi film which takes place in a college canteen or a restaurant will know the answer.
- It is also about the activities of college students in the canteen, sports fields and between classes.
- Scotland's school canteens must become bistro-style restaurants, complete with salad bars and a menu of baguettes and grilled fish, food experts are to tell ministers.
- 2 (water bottle) cantimplora (f)More example sentences
- You don't just tell your soldiers to fill their canteens with water; you check them before a patrol to make sure they did.
- I also threw in two canteens of water and a flashlight (even though we weren't staying out after dark), the map from my office as well as my lensatic compass.
- The utility belt attached below the vest includes two canteens of water and a nine-millimeter pistol.
- 3 (for cutlery) (BrE) estuche para guardar un juego de cubiertos canteen of cutlery juego (m) de cubiertos, cubertería (f)More example sentences
- Parish council chairman Chris Tennant presented Denese with a canteen of cutlery and a bouquet in recognition of her work over the years, which was often over and above what her contract required.
- In years gone by, your granny might have had a canteen of silver cutlery and, at grand dinners, servers fashioned from the precious metal conveyed food from kitchen to table.
- One tonne of items such as swords, hatchets and entire canteens of cutlery have been confiscated from passengers departing Irish airports in just one month.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.