Translation of canvas in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (cloth) under canvas (in a tent)en una tienda de campaña or (Latin America) en una carpa(Nautical)
con el velamen desplegado
con las velas desplegadas(before noun) (bag/shoes)
de lona or lonetaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (in boxing, wrestling) the canvas
- Fabrics such as twill, poplin, canvas, suede, denim and wool are also available in a variety of styles.
- The fabrics include washed denims, soft poplins, heavy canvas, twills, and yarn-dyed plaids.
- Herdsmen dwell in large tents made of canvas or woven yak wool.
la lona1.3 uncountable or countable (for embroidery)Example sentences
- Two spots were available and coming out of the start four boats remained within a canvas of each other.
- Pulling out a final sprint Todorovich and Popovic reduced a boat length deficit down to a canvas as they closed in on Greece.
- However Great Britain had a true race on their hands as Slovenia put the pressure on staying within a canvas of Great Britain throughout the race.
- Tirianna carefully sneaked over to the tapestry and Sicirin pulled her beneath the embroidered canvas.
- They may be school children but this does not stop them from weaving stories on canvas.
- If politics was one thread weaving through the canvas of John MacKenna's young life, then teaching was another.
- 2 (Art) 2.1 countable or uncountable (for painting)Example sentences2.2 countable (painting)
- The larger pieces are completed on canvases while the smaller pieces use a wooden surface.
- Coming prepared with several canvases already smudged with charcoal outlines she readied her supplies.
- His hard-edged geometric paintings on diamond-shaped canvases were inspired by artists such as Piet Mondrian and Josef Albers.
- During the 1930s his work included large canvases depicting the life of working people in a style influenced by Picasso and Léger.
- His colorful canvases often depict peasant life in Mexico, which he transformed into magical scenes.
- The 40 canvasses, watercolours, drawings, photographs and sculptures all have a Thai ambiance, though not all subjects are landscapes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.