Translation of canvass in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Politics)to canvass voters in an areahacer campaña entre los votantes de una zona1.2(opinion)we've canvassed the leading experts in the field
hacer un sondeo dehemos hecho una encuesta entre los más destacados expertos en el temaExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (Business)
- Nor have any residents been canvassed for their opinion.
- After the body was found, teams of gardaí returned to canvass those people in the area around where Robert disappeared.
- The conference is also an opportunity to canvass young people's views on the council's new ‘Change for Children’ that will aim to give young people more of a say in the services they receive.
(orders)to canvass retailers for a product
- OM's bid will expire at the end of October and in the interim period the management are expected to visit Ireland and Britain to canvass shareholders for their support.
- When she returns to work at Kingston's John Lewis department store on Monday when her maternity leave ends, she intends to canvass the support of her colleagues in the staff magazine.
- He did not canvass any support but he hoped it would be carried and circulated to every other local authority in the country.
solicitarpromocionar un producto entre los comerciantes
- 2Example sentences
- Lasting a week, it is both a serious meeting between Grimwade, Perkins, Hagan and their managers to discuss the next year's business plan and budgets, and a forum to canvass new ideas and directions.
- A healthy living co-ordinator will go to bingo sessions to canvass ideas for a £1 million healthy living centre in Allerton.
- The Federal Opposition says most students would get a second-class education under plans canvassed by the Government's higher education review.
- I expect that many people will make submissions to the committee, and this will enable the matters addressed in the bill to be thoroughly canvassed.
- The review has already commenced, and we in New Zealand First prefer to see this issue more thoroughly and clearly canvassed in the review.
- These issues are thoroughly canvassed in the Research Agenda and Background Report.
- 1.1 (Politics)hacer campañato canvass
hacer propaganda electoral
forsomebodyhacer campañahe's canvassing for John Taylor aor en favor dealguienestá haciendo campaña a or en favor de John Taylorto go out canvassing for voteshacer campaña para conseguir votos1.2 (Business)to canvass forsomethingtratar de conseguir algoshe's gone to New York to canvass for business/orders/clientsha ido a Nueva York para conseguir contratos/pedidos/clientesExample sentences
- He said that probable candidates were obviously canvassing for votes from affiliates.
- The move is to ensure that every member standing for re-election knows how to respond if they are quizzed by residents, while out canvassing for votes during the upcoming June elections.
- Mr Smith said he picked up more than 20 complaints of thefts, vandalism, assault and criminal damage while he was out canvassing for votes before the recent elections.
- 1.1 (asking for votes)campaña (feminine) para conseguir votos1.2 (scrutiny of votes)(American English)
escrutinio (masculine)Example sentences
- At election times on the canvass, her warmth and good nature struck a chord with most who met her.
- Several local issues were discussed including the long awaited sewage scheme which had been promised by Fianna Fail on their canvass before the last General Election.
- Many people have raised the ban on smoking in public houses with me during my election canvass.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.