Translation of capable in Spanish:
- 1 (competent) I'll leave you in the capable hands of Mr Smithlo dejo con el Sr Smith: queda en buenas manosExample sentences
- I think we all felt we were a good side but not in our wildest drams did we think we were capable of what we have achieved.
- The evidence is that some boys are failing to achieve the results of which they are capable.
- What is good is that England now strive not just to win but to play the cricket of which they know themselves capable.
- 2 (predicative) (able) See examples:to be capable
of -inghe's quite capable of just tearing the letter upser capaz de+ infinitiveto be capablees muy capaz de romper la carta ofsomethingit's competent work, but you're capable of betterthe car is capable of speeds up to 120 mphes un buen trabajo, pero eres capaz de hacerlo mejor or puedes hacerlo mejorel coche puede alcanzar una velocidad de hasta 120 millas por hora
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.