- 1 (competent) capaz, competente I'll leave you in the capable hands of Mr Smith lo dejo con el Sr Smith: queda en buenas manosMore example sentences
- I think we all felt we were a good side but not in our wildest drams did we think we were capable of what we have achieved.
- The evidence is that some boys are failing to achieve the results of which they are capable.
- What is good is that England now strive not just to win but to play the cricket of which they know themselves capable.
- 2 (pred) (able) to be capable
of -ingser* capaz de+ infhe's quite capable of just tearing the letter up es muy capaz de romper la cartato be capable ofsth it's competent work, but you're capable of better es un buen trabajo, pero eres capaz de hacerlo mejor or puedes hacerlo mejor the car is capable of speeds up to 120 mph el coche puede alcanzar una velocidad de hasta 120 millas por hora
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.