Translation of capable in Spanish:
- 1 (competent) I'll leave you in the capable hands of Mr Smithlo dejo con el Sr Smith: queda en buenas manosExample sentences
- I think we all felt we were a good side but not in our wildest drams did we think we were capable of what we have achieved.
- The evidence is that some boys are failing to achieve the results of which they are capable.
- What is good is that England now strive not just to win but to play the cricket of which they know themselves capable.
- 2 (predicative) (able)to be capable
of -ingser capazhe's quite capable of just tearing the letter up de+ infinitivees muy capaz de romper la cartato be capable ofsomethingit's competent work, but you're capable of betteres un buen trabajo, pero eres capaz de hacerlo mejor or puedes hacerlo mejorthe car is capable of speeds up to 120 mphel coche puede alcanzar una velocidad de hasta 120 millas por hora
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.