Translation of capable in Spanish:
- 1 (competent) capaz, competente I'll leave you in the capable hands of Mr Smith lo dejo con el Sr Smith: queda en buenas manosExample sentences
- I think we all felt we were a good side but not in our wildest drams did we think we were capable of what we have achieved.
- The evidence is that some boys are failing to achieve the results of which they are capable.
- What is good is that England now strive not just to win but to play the cricket of which they know themselves capable.
- 2 (predicative/predicativo) (able) to be capable
of -ingser* capaz de+ infinitive/infinitivohe's quite capable of just tearing the letter up es muy capaz de romper la cartato be capable ofsth it's competent work, but you're capable of better es un buen trabajo, pero eres capaz de hacerlo mejor or puedes hacerlo mejor the car is capable of speeds up to 120 mph el coche puede alcanzar una velocidad de hasta 120 millas por hora
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.