Translation of capacity in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1 uncountable and countable 1.1 (maximum content) a capacity of two litersthree drinks is about my capacityuna capacidad de dos litrosthe theater has a (seating) capacity of 600mi límite es de más o menos tres copastheir concerts were always filled to capacityel teatro tiene capacidad para 600 espectadoresel teatro tiene un aforo de 600 localidades [formal]engine capacity (Cars) (before noun) a capacity crowd/audiencesus conciertos siempre registraban llenos totales or completosun lleno completo or totalExample sentences1.2 (output) to operate at full capacity
to operate below capacityfuncionar al límite de capacidad or a pleno rendimientofuncionar por debajo del límite de capacidadExample sentences
- One of 10 World Cup stadiums in South Korea, the Pusan World Cup Stadium has a seating capacity of 55,982.
- They faced last-place Recreativo Huelva - not much of a draw - yet the enormous stadium was filled to capacity.
- Built in 1960, the room has a maximum capacity of more than 250 people.
- The sales mean Boeing will be at full capacity through the end of this year, Commercial Airplanes Group Chief Executive Alan Mulally said last week.
- The plant generally runs at full capacity from December through May and then undergoes two weeks of maintenance.
- The project at full capacity is designed to produce 12500 tons of zinc per month.
- 2 uncountable (ability) capacity
forsomethinghe has an incredible capacity for workcapacidad dealgocapacity to +tiene una increíble capacidad de trabajo infinitivethe country's capacity to produce oilcapacidad para+ infinitivethe job was beyond her capacityla capacidad del país para producir petróleoel trabajo estaba por encima de su capacidadExample sentences
- A historian's understanding of the past and of the motives of the people who make history is bound to be influenced by his own experience and by his capacity for understanding human beings.
- The fact is that he had a huge capacity for understanding the minutiae of problems without effort so he did not need to strain himself.
- You have an infinite capacity for understanding people's problems and you can sympathize with them.
- 3 countable (role) he spoke in his capacity as union delegateI'm here in a private capacityhabló en su calidad de delegado del sindicatohe venido a título personalExample sentences
- His second role is in the capacity of Chief Executive Officer (chief minister) of Andhra Pradesh.
- Lee viewed the president's custodial role as excluding the capacity to hobble the government.
- Some of the participants have remained involved with the project to assist in a voluntary capacity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.