n (pl -ties)
- 1 u c 1.1 (maximum content) capacidad (f) a capacity of two liters una capacidad de dos litros three drinks is about my capacity mi límite es de más o menos tres copas the theater has a (seating) capacity of 600 el teatro tiene capacidad para 600 espectadores, el teatro tiene un aforo de 600 localidades [formal] their concerts were always filled to capacity sus conciertos siempre registraban llenos totales or completos engine capacity [Auto] cilindrada (f) (before n) a capacity crowd/audience un lleno completo or totalMore example sentences1.2 (output) capacidad (f) to operate at full capacity funcionar al límite de capacidad or a pleno rendimiento to operate below capacity funcionar por debajo del límite de capacidad
More example sentences
- One of 10 World Cup stadiums in South Korea, the Pusan World Cup Stadium has a seating capacity of 55,982.
- They faced last-place Recreativo Huelva - not much of a draw - yet the enormous stadium was filled to capacity.
- Built in 1960, the room has a maximum capacity of more than 250 people.
- The sales mean Boeing will be at full capacity through the end of this year, Commercial Airplanes Group Chief Executive Alan Mulally said last week.
- The plant generally runs at full capacity from December through May and then undergoes two weeks of maintenance.
- The project at full capacity is designed to produce 12500 tons of zinc per month.
- 2 u (ability) capacidad (f) capacity
forsth capacidad dealgo he has an incredible capacity for work tiene una increíble capacidad de trabajo capacity to + infcapacidad para+ infthe country's capacity to produce oil la capacidad del país para producir petróleo the job was beyond her capacity el trabajo estaba por encima de su capacidadMore example sentences
- A historian's understanding of the past and of the motives of the people who make history is bound to be influenced by his own experience and by his capacity for understanding human beings.
- The fact is that he had a huge capacity for understanding the minutiae of problems without effort so he did not need to strain himself.
- You have an infinite capacity for understanding people's problems and you can sympathize with them.
- 3 c (role) calidad (f) he spoke in his capacity as union delegate habló en su calidad de delegado del sindicato I'm here in a private capacity he venido a título personalMore example sentences
- His second role is in the capacity of Chief Executive Officer (chief minister) of Andhra Pradesh.
- Lee viewed the president's custodial role as excluding the capacity to hobble the government.
- Some of the participants have remained involved with the project to assist in a voluntary capacity.
- 4 u (legal fitness) capacidad (f)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.