- (Clothing)Example sentences
- He wears a grey t-shirt underneath a plaid flannel shirt and short grey cape, jeans, runners, and a plain black mask.
- His short cape blew along with the night wind, dancing to its melody as it sang through the desert.
- Nutty knitwear - woollen boots, sparkly, spartan leg warmers, bizarre capes and frocks combined to create a blindingly colourful but incomprehensible collection.
- Cover clothing with the shoulder capes or take a cotton sheet and drape it over the clothing for the season to avoid dust and fading.
- (Geography) the Cape(Cape Province)
la provincia de El Cabo(Cape of Good Hope)
el Cabo de Buena EsperanzaExample sentences
- ‘And this,’ he said, with a sweep of his arm that took in the stark capes and headlands, the fleets of islands and the sea around us, ‘this was my school room.’
- For the same reasons sanctuaries were sited at the tip of capes or peninsulas or on an island close to the mainland.
- Without wasting a moment we head for the last cape of the Peninsula de Paria, with the help of a GPS that they inexplicably left behind.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.