Translation of captain in Spanish:
- 1 (rank)Example sentences
- Among the burglar's loot were Nelson's three precious Naval Gold Medals, a mark of honour awarded to admirals and captains present at certain Naval engagements in the Napoleonic Wars.
- Among those attending were First Sea Lord Admiral Sir Alan West, retired First Sea Lord Admiral Jock Slater and several former commodores and captains of Dryad.
- The state of the care at Haslar attracted the attention of the top brass, who in 1795 decided that executive command of the establishment would be better in the hands of Naval captains.
- Minister for Defence Robert Hill talks with an Australian Army captain and warrant officer at a Middle East base.
- Three to five platoons form a company, which is commanded by a captain with a first sergeant as the commander's principal NCO assistant.
- What advice would you offer to U.S. Army infantry captains considering applying for an assignment in SOUTHCOM?
- 2 (person in command)capitán, (-tana) (masculine, feminine)this is your captain speaking (Aviation)les habla el comandantea captain of industryun industrial influyente
un magnate de la industriaExample sentences
- During my senior year of high school, I was the captain of my basketball team and the king of superstitions.
- The rugby chairman and team captains receive and make more phone calls to players to fill teams.
- Should the game run its full course, the trophy will be handed to the captain of the winning team late on Sunday.
- Influential captains of industry have complained that Kerry is one of the most expensive counties in Ireland in terms of rates charged to businesses.
- But the battle lines are not what you'd expect: local versus multinational, simple peasant versus powerful captains of industry.
- Like him or loathe him, no-one could ignore Sir John, who mixed with prime ministers, princes, captains of industry and film stars.
- 3 (head waiter) (American English)jefe (masculine) de comedorExample sentences
- Vance was a busboy, waiter, captain, valet, and a limo driver before joining middle management in the '70s.
- This training manual covers every aspect of restaurant customer service for the positions of captain, waiter or waitress, and busser.
- The service team - a captain, waiter, back waiter, and maitre d' dressed in tuxedos - are instructed to do whatever is necessary to make the guests happy.
- (Nautical, Sport)Example sentences
- It is at times the rudder that steadies and guides the ship of state captained by the Government.
- Two years prior to captaining the college team, Pemlal then only 16 years, was included into the national pool in preparation for the Indian tour.
- He captained the senior team in the year 1994 and in between those years he turned up to be a fine batsman.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.